The common problems for every smartphone are Wi-Fi issues, GPS problems, Bluetooth which is not working correctly, the apps that won’t load or the apps freezing and crashing, and so on. The list is pretty long, and all these problems can occur on HTC One M9. So, in all these cases, there are several workarounds that can help you fix the problem, and one of the things you can do is to clear cache on your device. In this guide, we’ll show you how to clear cache on your HTC One M9.
There are two different types of cache on the HTC One M9. The first is the app cache, while the other is system cache. All the apps on the HTC One M9 and HTC One M9 Plus has its own cache installed on the app. This cache allows for the temporary data to be stored for better help when switching between apps. While, the system cache on the HTC One M9 does the same thing, but for the Android software instead of each individual app. That’s why when there are issues with apps crashing or freezing, it’s best to clear the system cache wipe to help fix this issue.
How to clear the app cache on the HTC One M9
For problems that are just happening on a specific app, it’s best to first try to clear the app cache. You can clear the app cache with these instructions:
- Turn on your HTC One M9
- Go to Settings > App Manager
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for
- After you’ve selected the app, look for the app info screen
- Select on Clear Cache
- To clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously
Don’t select Clear Data unless you want to lose all the information that app stores, like passwords, game progress, preferences and settings.
After you have cleared the cache of individual apps and the HTC One M9 problem is still happening, the next best option is to uninstall the app and reboot the device. It’s important to note that before you reset the HTC One M9, you should back up all data to prevent anything from being lost during the reboot process. After rebooting the HTC One M9 or HTC One M9 Plus, and the problem is still happening, then it’s suggested that you perform a system cache wipe, also known as clearing the cache partition on the HTC One M9.
How to clear the system cache on the HTC One M9
- Turn the HTC One M9 off
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
- Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
- Press the Power button
- Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
- Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
- Your HTC One M9 will reboot with a cleared system cache
Also Read: how to wipe cache partition on HTC One M9
That’s all for how to clear cache on HTC One M9. If you find this guide is helpful, do not forget to share it with your friends.