With an iPhone, we can capture high-quality photos using the built-in iSight camera, especially with the new iPhone XS’s 12MP camera and its portrait mode, people are really fond of taking pictures with its built-in dual cameras.besides taking photos with iPhone’s built-in camera, we also save images from applications such as Safari and Mail to the iPhone, and also take screenshots on iPhone. These photos are stored on your iPhone, and eating up your iPhone’s storage bit by bit.
One day, you’ll find Photos App becomes the biggest storage consumer and almost haven’t available storage to save one more picture or download one more app. At this moment, you have to consider deleting some photos from iPhone to free up space, but it is necessary to transfer them all to computer for backup before deleting them. How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer?
When it comes to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, for Windows users, many specialists or tutorials tell you that you can make it by many ways, like Windows AutoPlay, Windows Explorer, Windows Photos, third-party software, etc. In this guide we will show you how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to PC with AutoPlay (For Windows 7/8 Users)
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 7 with AutoPlay
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer. If the AutoPlay window appears, click “Import Pictures and Videos using Windows”.
2. Click the Import Settings link > In the resulting window, you can change the folder to which your Camera Roll’s photos will be imported by clicking the Browse button next to the “Import to” field.
3. After setting up your import options, click OK > Choose a tag if desired and click Import button.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 8 with AutoPlay
1. Connect you iPhone using the cable with your Windows 8 PC. Wait for your PC to detect your iPhone. You might see a notification with Trust option. Tap on Trust option to continue.
2. Open “The PC” and right-click on the iPhone device and then select “Import pictures and videos”.
3. Select “Review, organize, and group items to import” option if you are transfer or importing images first time. Or click “Import all new items now” if you have already transferred photos from your iPhone. Click Next.
4. Click on “More Option” link to choose folders where you want import iPhone pictures and videos. Set folder for Pictures. click OK and then Next button.
5. Select the groups of photos you want to import, click the Import button.
Transfer All or Multiple Photos from iPhone to PC with AnyTrans for iOS
You know, you can get many ways to transfer iPhone photos to computer, but most of them only help you transfer Camera Roll Photos to computer, and all photos are placed in disorder, etc. Therefore, here we recommend you an iPhone ontent manager tool – AnyTrans for iOS.
Next, we will show you how to import photos from iPhone to Windows computer with AnyTrans for iOS.
1. Free download AnyTrans for iOS on your Windows computer, and then install and run it.
2. Launch AnyTrans for iOS, and then connect your iPhone to computer with its USB cable. Then click Content to Computer button on Homepage of AnyTrans for iOS.
3. Select the categories of photos you want to export to PC, like Camera Roll, Photo Stream (photos synced to iCloud server), Photo Video, Photo Library (photos synced from computer), Live Photo, Screenshot, etc. Pick up the output folder by clicking Select button, and then click Right arrow button to start transferring photos from iPhone to Windows computer.
4. When the transferring process finished, all the photos exported from iPhone will be saved on your computer in right folder. And you’ll find all the photos are organized in folders like Live Photos, Camera Roll, Panoramas, etc.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer with Photos App (For Windows 10)
Just like the Photos App on Mac, Windows 10 also has a Photos App, which allows you to upload camera roll photos from iPhone to Windows computer if it is running with Windows 10 operating system. If you are working with a computer like this, follow us to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10 with Photos App as below:
1. Download the latest version of iTunes on your computer, and this will helps your computer recognize your iPhone. And then connect your iPhone to computer with its USB cable.
2. Run Photos App on your PC, and then click Import button at top right corner.
3. Select the photos you want to import to PC, and then click Continue button. And then all the selected photos will be transferred your Windows 10 computer.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Computer with Windows Explorer
Windows treats the iPhone as a digital camera or file system, so you can import photos from iPhone to PC with Windows Explorer. And it also only imports Camera Roll photos, and your photos are stored in several folders in disorder.
About how to import photos from iPhone to PC with Windows Explorer, you just need to follow the steps below:
1. Connect your iPhone to PC > Open My Computer > Find your iPhone it will appear under Portable Devices Sections.
2. Double click iDevice icon to open your iPhone > You’ll see the Internal Storage icon > Double click it to open it.
3. You’ll see the DCIM folder that is the Camera Roll folder > Double click open it > Open one folder to see if it contains the photos you want to transfer > Select the photos you like and copy them > Paste them to the desired folder of your computer.