In this guide, you will learn how to disable bloatware on HTC 10. Most of the smartphones these days come with a lot of good features but they also come with a lot of bloatware which you may not use and also, you can’t uninstall it. These Bloatware apps are not only consuming the battery of your smartphone but they are also getting updates which consume your storage as well. The best way to counter bloatware is by disabling them as they won’t get the updates nor they will consume the battery. If you are interested then keep reading because will show you get rid of this mess. Let’s get started.
How to Disable Bloatware on HTC 10
The bad thing about the Bloatware apps is that they can’t be uninstalled but you can disable them and here we gonna show you how to do it. Follow these steps to disable the bloatware.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner to access the settings.
- In the settings, find the Apps section and open it.
- Here you will see the list of the apps installed on your HTC 10 including the bloatware apps.
- Select the app you want to disable, now tap the Disable button and confirm it.
- It will disable the app which means it won’t receive the updates.
- Repeat the last 2 steps for all the bloatware.
In this way, you can get rid of these bloatware apps. Now if you want to hide their icons from the menu, you can do it by following these steps. Open the home screen, tap the 3 vertical dots icon on the top right corner. Select “hide apps” option, select the apps you want to hide and tap “Confirm” to hide the apps. In this way, you will hide the apps. Congratulations, you have successfully disabled and hide the bloatware apps on your HTC 10.
In the future, if you want to enable the disabled app then follow the same steps but at the end tap the “Enable” button to enable the disabled app. Similarly, follow the steps of hiding button but this unchecks the checked app to unhide the hidden app. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to update the software on HTC 10, then visit our website.
Image Source: YouTube / DetroitBORG