In this guide, we will show you how to take a screenshot or record video on Apple TV. Apple TV has improved a lot over the years and the 4th generation Apple TV comes with many useful features. It also allows you to capture the screen or record the videos using the set Top Box, USB-c to USB cable and your laptop. If you are interested in capturing your favorite moment or want to record your favorite dialogue then keep reading because we will tell you how to do it. Let’s get into it.
Table of Contents
How to take a screenshot on the Apple TV
The whole process of taking a screenshot on Apple TV is very simple and you can do it by following these steps.
- Go to the Mac App Store and download the Xcode.
- Now connect your Apple TV to your Mac with USB-C to USB Cable.
- Once it is connected, open the Xcode app and go to Window Menu.
- Open the Devices windows and select your Apple TV.
- Now click the Take Screenshot button to capture the screenshot.
How to take a video on the Apple TV
Just like the screenshot process, taking a video on Apple TV is also very simple, follow these steps to capture the screenshot.
- First of all, connect your Apple TV to your Mac with USB C to USB Cable.
- Open the QuickTime Player.
- Now go to the File section and then News Movie Recording.
- Click the Down arrow and a menu will appear, select the Apple TV under microphone section
- Now press record and you can record the video.
That’s how you can capture the screenshot or video on Apple TV. Both methods are very easy to follow and you will face no issues if you follow the above-mentioned instructions. If you are facing any issues then make sure that the cables are correctly and firmly connected to the laptop. Let us know your thoughts and questions in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.