In this guide, you will learn how to wipe cache partition on Google Pixel 4a. Let’s take a look at how you can do it.
Google Pixel 4a is a great smartphone but just like other android smartphones it can also run into some performance problems and wiping cache partition is one of the potential fixes. You can wipe the cache partition on Google Pixel 4a using the Android recovery menu. Let’s understand that what does it means and how you can do it.
What is Cache Partition?
Before we get to the cache partition, it is important that you understand the concept of the cache. The cache is the temporary data that apps and system apps download to help them speed up the processes. A cache is the temporary data and if you remove it, it won’t affect the functionality of your smartphone.
Cache Partition is the dedicated space in the smartphone’s memory where the apps and system apps keep the cache. If your Google Pixel 4a is facing any performance problems such as app crashing, freezing, and other common issues then you can wipe cache partition to potentially fix these issues.
How to wipe cache partition Google Pixel 4a
The whole process of wiping the cache partition is fairly simple. We will be wiping the cache partition via the android recovery menu so you will need to follow these steps very accurately. Here’s how you can do it.
- Turn off your Google Pixel 4a.
- Now press and hold the Volume up button and power button for few seconds until you see the android logo appears on the screen and you enter the android recovery menu.
- Use the volume down button to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition” and select it with the Power button.
- Use the power button to confirm it. The system will start wiping the cache partition.
- Once the system completes the process, the “Reboot System now” will be highlighted.
- Now use the power button to confirm it. The pixel 4a will start rebooting and once the reboot is completed, the performance issues should be gone.
Wiping the Cache Partition is one of the best ways to solve the performance issues. Experts also recommend wiping the cache partition, once in a while to keep your smartphone in great condition. If wiping the cache partition doesn’t solve the performance issues for your Pixel 4a then it could be due to hardware. We would recommend you to contact the Google customer support and ask them to help you with it.
That’s how you can wipe the cache partition on Google Pixel 4a. The process if very simple and it works well for most people. If your Pixel 4a is also facing the performance issues then you should try wiping the cache partition. Also, if you want to change the wallpaper on your Pixel 4a then you check our “How to change the wallpaper on Google Pixel 4a” Guide.