In this guide, you will learn how to wipe cache partition on HTC M10. HTC M10 is a flagship smartphone of 2016 and when it was launched, it came with the top of the line features of that time. It comes with the Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB RAM, 12 MP Camera, and Super LCD5 Display. These features are still very good in 2020, and you can get a decent performance from these specs. However, as it is an old smartphone, it tends to collect a lot of caches over the years which can cause some performance issues on your M10. If you are also having some performance issues on your HTC M10 then keep reading because we will show you how to fix them.
What is Cache Partition?
Cache is the data that your apps and system need for their functionality. It holds the data such as your login info, your preferences, and other minor details. The smartphone also dedicates space in the memory to hold these caches, and this dedicated space is known as “Cache Partition”.
What happens if I clear Cache Partition on HTC M10?
When you clear the cache partition, the system only deletes the temporary data which apps can download later.
Will I lose data if I Wipe Cache Partition on HTC M10?
No, Wiping the cache partition only deletes the caches, which can be downloaded later. The system doesn’t delete the permanent data.
How to Wipe Cache Partition on HTC M10?
The entire process of wiping the cache partition is very simple and you can do it by following these steps.
- Turn off your HTC M10.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down Key.
- Press and hold the Power Key until the phone turns on.
- Keep holding the Volume Down Key until a black screen with red and blue lines of text appears on the display.
- Use the Volume down key to highlight the “Reboot to bootloader”.
- Now use the Power Button to select it and the screen with a white background and colored text appears on the display.
- Press and hold the Power Key and Volume Up key.
- Now release the Power Key.
- Press the Volume down key to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition” and it will be highlighted.
- Use the Power key to select it and the system will wipe cache partition.
- Once the process is completed, Reboot System now will be highlighted, press the Power key to select it.
- That’s it.
That’s how you can wipe cache partition on HTC M10. Wiping the cache partition will improve the performance of your M10 to some extent and you should regularly do it to keep up the performance. If you want to update the software of your HTC M10 then you can read our “How to Update the Software on HTC 10” guide where we have shared the complete process in detail. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.