In this guide, you will learn how to wipe cache partition on Redmi K20 Pro. Let’s take a look at how you can do it.
When it comes to Android smartphones, wiping the cache partition is a common task which users do to keep their smartphones in great condition. Redmi K20 Pro also allows you to wipe the cache partition which helps you get rid of unnecessary caches. You can wipe the cache partition on Redmi K20 Pro via the Android recovery menu. Let’s explain the complete process of wiping the cache partition.
Table of Contents
What is Cache Partition?
Cache Partition is the dedicated space in the memory where the apps store their caches. A Cache is temporary data thathelp the apps for their functionality.
Why should you Clear Cache?
When you don’t clear the cache for a long time, it starts to pile up in the cache partition and once it reaches the sizeable amount, it can start messing up with the performance of your smartphone. That’s why you should clear the cache once in a while.
Is Wiping Cache Partition Safe?
Yes, it is completely safe to wipe the cache partition. When you wipe the cache partition, you get rid of unnecessary caches of previously installed apps and data of Android updates. So, once you wipe the cache partition and turn on your smartphone, the apps can download the temporary data and store it in the caches.
How to Wipe Cache Partition on Redmi K20 Pro?
Wiping the cache partition on Redmi K20 Pro is very easy and simple so the only thing you need to do is to follow these steps precisely. As the Android recovery menu also comes with other options, if you pick the wrong option it can result in data loss. So double-check each step and let’s get started.
- The first step is to turn off your Redmi K20 pro.
- Once it is off, press and hold the volume up button and power button for a few seconds.
- Keep holding the buttons until you see the Mi logo on the display.
- Now you are in the recovery mode.
- Use the Volume down button to navigate to the “Wipe & Reset” option and use the power button to select it.
- Now select the “Wipe Cache” option and use the power button to select it.
- The system will ask you to confirm your action, use the volume down button to highlight “Yes” and use the power button to confirm it.
- Your smartphone will start wiping the cache partition. Once the process is complete, reboot your device and that’s it.
That’s how you can wipe cache partition on Redmi K20 Pro. We have shared the complete process in detail but if you have any questions, please feel free to let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to take a screenshot on Redmi K20 Pro then you can read the complete guide on our website.