Social Media is a powerful tool that allows you to connect with your friends and the rest of the world. However, it can also connect you with negative company and content, which can shatter your self-esteem and affect your life. If you have decided to leave social media and want to delete your accounts, we can help. In this Vodytech Guide, you will learn how to delete your social media accounts from Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and other popular platforms. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How to Delete my Account from Facebook?
Facebook is the biggest social media platform with more than 2 Billion Active users around the world. The platform offers a hassle-free option to delete your account. Here’s how you can delete your account from Facebook.
- Open Facebook.com on your browser.
- Now go to the down-arrow icon at the top right corner and click it.
- Navigate to the Settings & Privacy section and click it.
- Now go to the Settings > Privacy section and click Your Facebook Information.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on Deactivation and Deletion.
- Here you will get the option to download all of your information. Also, if you own any pages, you can make someone else the admin of the page, or the pages will also be deleted.
- Now click on Delete Account and proceed. You will most probably be asked to enter your password, and once you enter the password, your request will be forward.
You will have a 30 days graceperiod during which you can change your mind and access your account to reactivate it. Once the grace period is over, Facebook will remove your account, including all of your information such as photos, videos, and everything else.
How to Delete my Account on Twitter?
Twitter is another very popular social media platform with more than 1 billion active users worldwide. The platform also allows the users to permanently delete their account, and here’s how you can delete your account on Twitter.
- Open Twitter.com on your Web Browser.
- Navigate to the More icon on the left side of the screen and click it.
- Now go to the Settings and Privacy section and click it.
- Find the Deactivate your Account section in your account section.
- Now click on Deactivate and confirm your action.
Like Facebook, Twitter also offers a 30-day graceperiod during which you can access your account and reactivate it. Once the period is over, Twitter will delete your account and all the data associated with it.
How to Delete your Account from Snapchat?
Snapchat also allows its users to delete their accounts from the platform, but they will need to do it from the web portal. Here’s how you can delete your Account from Snapchat.
- Go to Snapchat Web Portal from your Web Browser
- Enter your username and password. Click on Log in to access the portal.
- Once you are into the portal, find your way to the Delete my Account section and click it.
- The portal will ask you to confirm your action by entering the password.
- Now click continue.
Like Facebook and Twitter, Snapchat also offers the 30-day graceperiod during which you can change your mind and reactivate your Snapchat account. Once that period is over, your data will be deleted from the Snapchat servers.
How to Delete my Account from Instagram?
Instagram has a very simple process that you can use to delete your account from the platform. Here’s how you can delete your account from Instagram.
- Go to Instagram Profile Deletion Request Page.
- Here you will be asked for a reason why you are deleting your account.
- Now enter your password and click on Delete.
Instagram offers the 30-day graceperiod during which you can access your Instagram Account and reactivate it. Once the period is over, your photos and other stuff will be deleted from Instagram Servers.
How to Delete My Account from TikTok?
TikTok has become very popular in the last few years, and the reason behind it is the short-video format which is very interesting. However, if you don’t like TikTok or think that it’s taking way more of your time, you can easily delete your account. Here’s how you can delete your Account from TikTok using the app.
- Open the TikTok App on your smartphone.
- Now tap on the three dots icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the Manage Account section and tap it.
- Find the Delete Account section at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Continue, and you will be asked to enter the code which you have received on your phone or 2FA App.
- Once you have entered the code, Tap Delete Account.
Once you have completed the above steps, you will enter the 30-day graceperiod during which you can access your TikTok Account and revert your decision. After 30 days, your account will be deleted from TikTok.
Can I Access my deleted Facebook Account?
If you have deleted your Facebook account, but you have changed your mind within 30 days, you can still access it and reactivate it. Once the 30-day period is over, you won’t be able to access your Facebook account.
Can in Temporarily Disable by Facebook Account?
Yes, if you don’t want to permanently delete your account, you can deactivate it. Here’s how you can temporarily disable your Facebook account.
- Go to the Settings of your account.
- Now go to Privacy > Your Facebook Information and then tap Deactivation and Deletion.
- Tap Deactivate Account and follow the instructions on the screen.
That’s all, folks. In this guide, you learned how you can delete your social media accounts from popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and TikTok. Once you delete your account, you won’t be able to access it, and you will have to create a new account if you want to use that platform again. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. You can also check out the best Social Media Apps for Android on our website.