In this guide, we will explain how to backup or restore WhatsApp messages on Samsung S9. WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps on the face of this earth and it is used by more than 1.5 billion active users and if you are using this app for sometime now then you should have a lot of chats and data which you don’t want to lose. Now if you are switching your phone to Samsung S9 or you have reset your S9 then you would want to have this data on your new phone or the existing phone. We will explain how you can simply backup and then restore WhatsApp Messages on Samsung S9. Let’s get into it.
How to Backup your WhatsApp Messages on Samsung S9
If you want to backup your data then you can do it on Google Drive because it is more secure then any other option.
- Open your WhatsApp and tap the vertical three dot icon on the top right corner.
- A menu will appear, tap the settings on the menu.
- In the settings, tap the Chats section.
- Now select Chat Backup option.
- Here you can tap the Back up option to start the backup.
- You can also select the backup routine, like daily, weekly, etc.
- There is also the option to select the Google account where you want to store your backup.
- You will also find options like back up over WiFi or cellular and you can also include the videos in the backup.
In this way, you can easily back up your WhatsApp Messages on Samsung S9.
How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Samsung S9
This process is also very simple, when you install the WhatsApp for the first time, the system will verify your number and right after verification, it will show you to backup attached to this number, you can simply tap restore and media from Google Drive, the S9 will start downloading backup from the Google Drive and your WhatsApp messages will be restored. If you change your Google Account then you will not be able to restore your backup then you will have to add the account to your smartphone and reinstall the app again to recover the WhatsApp messages.
In this way, you can easily backup or restore WhatsApp messages on Samsung S9. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.