In this guide, you will learn how to clear cache on the Samsung Galaxy J7. Galaxy J7 is a very capable smartphone but when it start developing issues then most of the time problem lies with the software and you can mostly fix it by clearing the cache on the smartphone. If you are interested in clearing the cache then keep reading this guide because we will show you how to do it. Let’s get into it.
What is Cache?
The Cache is the software component which your smartphone and apps need to download to do their jobs. There are basically two types of cache. The first type is the app cache which apps downloads for better functioning. The second type of system cache which is basically the same thing and it is downloaded by the system itself. Now let’s get to the process of clearing both types of cache.
How to Clear the App Cache on Samsung Galaxy J7
If your Galaxy J7 is encountering a problem the first thing you need to do it to clear the app cache. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the homescreen and find the settings icon and tap it to access the settings.
- In the settings, find the App Manager and open it.
- Here you will find the list of apps installed on your smartphone.
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for and tap App info.
- Now tap Clear Cache to clear its cache.
If you want to clear the cache for all apps then follow these simple steps.
- Go to the settings and find the Storage section and open it.
- Here select Cached Data to clear all app caches.
In this way, you can easily remove the app cache. Now reboot your smartphone, if it has started functioning properly then it is good. If not, then you should proceed to clear the system cache as well.
How to Clear the System Cache on Samsung Galaxy J7
- Turn off your Galaxy J7
- Press and hold the volume up, home buttons and power button simultaneously until the android logo appears on the screen.
- Now release the power button but keep holding other buttons.
- Now use volume down button to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition”
- Pres power button to select it, use the volume down button to navigate to “Yes” and press power button to select it.,
- Scroll to the Reboot System now and press the power button to confirm it.
- Your smartphone will reboot and will clear the system cache.
Congratulations! You have successfully cleared the app cache and system cache on Samsung Galaxy S7. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to factory reset a Samsung Galaxy J7, then visit our website.