It’s 2022, and smartphones are better than ever. We have powerful smartphones with awesome features and great power, which allow us to connect with our loved ones, browse the internet, and do a lot of other things. In the last few years, phones have become much better, but overheating is one problem that is still one of the major issues with some smartphones. If your phone also overheats, we can help you with it. In this guide, you will learn why your phone overheats and how to stop your phone from overheating. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Why does your phone Overheat?
Before we get to our topic, it’s important that we discuss why your phone overheats. When it comes to overheating, there could be various factors promoting it, but these are some of the major factors which cause overheating.
- Flawed Design: Flawed Design is one of the major reasons behind overheating. Normally, big smartphone companies spend tons of money onthe R&D of their phones to make sure that their phone doesn’t overheat much. However, small smartphone companies don’t do that,which usually results in flawed design. In short, if you don’t want your phone to overheat too much, make sure that you get the phone from renowned companies such as Apple, Samsung, and others.
- Flawed Apps: Similarly, if you install an app that is not optimized, it will cause the battery to drain, and as a result, your phone will get overheated.
- Over usage: If you use your phone for an extended period and keep charging it while using, it can also lead to overheating.
- Overcharging: If you charge your phone to 100% and leave it on charging overnight, it can also reduce the health of your battery, and as a result, you can experience overheating.
How to Stop your Phone from Overheating in 2022
In the previous section, we explained why smartphones overheat. Now, we will share some effective tips which you can use to stop your phone from overheating in 2022.
Make sure that you use your phone atthe optimal temperature
Smartphones are designed to be used in optimal temperatures, and if you live in a very cold or hot area, there are chances that your phone will experience overheating. Many smartphones tend to overheat, especially when they are used in areas with high temperatures. So, if you live in a hot area, make sure that you use your phone in an air-conditioned room. Alternatively, make sure that you don’t use your phone for extensive periods to avoid overheating.
Don’t use too many or heavy Apps at the same time
Smartphones have improved a lot over the years, and their processors have also gone very powerful. However, it’s also true that the apps have become heavier at the same time, and they need a lot of resources. So, if you use a lot of apps or heavy Apps at the same time, they will draw more power, and as a result, your phone will get hot. For example, if you run heavy apps such as PUBG, Facebook, WhatsApp, and others at the same time, they will draw more power, and your phone will get overheat eventually. So, if you don’t want to happen, only run a few apps at the same time to get better performance and avoid overheating.
Also, if you have an old smartphone, there are great chances that you will experience overheating more often. So, if it happens with your phone, you can use the lite versions of the apps, which will help you with overheating issues to a great extent.
Change your Phone’s Case
Most smartphones these days come with a glass back which gives them a premium look, but it also makes them more prone to crack if they fall. So, many people prefer to use a good case to protect their smartphones. However, if you don’t use a good case, it can trap the heat, which is dissipated from the back of the phone, and your phone can get overheated.
So, if your phone is overheating, you can change the case of your phone and try a different one. For example, if you use a plastic case, you can switch to a leather case to check if the issue priest. If the issue is still there, you can use the dedicated phone cases, which are designed to keep your phone from overheating.
Overcharging is the slow killer of your phone’s battery, and if you overcharge your phone regularly, it will reduce your battery’s health, and eventually, you will start experiencing overcharging issues because the battery will release power quickly. So, we recommend that you not overcharge your phone and only charge your battery to 90% to avoid overcharging.
How can I cool down my phone?
If your phone is overheating and you want to cool it down, you can use the following methods.
- Turn off your Device: One of the quickest ways to cool down a heated smartphone is to turn it off. Leave it for a few minutes, and it will return to room temperature.
- Close All Apps: You can also cool down your smartphone by closing all the apps running in the background.
Can Overheating damage your phone?
Yes, your smartphone can get damaged by overheating, but it doesn’t happen quickly. It only happens if you expose your phone to extreme temperatures. If your phone gets overheatedat normal temperature, it won’t get any damage in most cases, but still, we recommend you take measures to avoid overheating.
That’s all, folks. Overheating is surely a major issue with smartphones, but you can use the above tips to avoid overheating. We hope that this guide helped you and if you want us to cover any topic of your choice, please let us know in the comments. Also, check this guide to learn how to block websites on Android Phones.