In this guide, you will learn how to wipe cache partition on LG G5. LG G5 was launched back in 2016 but still, it is a very capable phone and with minor tweaks, you can boost its performance. It comes with snapdragon 820 which is a very capable processor and it can easily run modern games. However, you will need to make sure that your smartphone only has the necessary apps and you should have sufficient storage. You can also free some storage by wiping the cache partition and it can boost the performance to some extent. If you are interested in it then keep reading because we will tell you how you can get rid of it. Let’s get into it.
Table of Contents
What is Cache & Cache Partition?
The cache is the temporary data that helps the apps and system to work properly. These apps store the temporary data which can help you provide a good user experience. It includes the data about preferences, your login details to give you hassle-free access to your favorite apps, your ads choice, and other temporary data. The Cache Partition is the partition where the system and apps store this data and removing it doesn’t affect your smartphone. The smartphone experts also recommend clearing the wipe partition from time to time especially if you have any old smartphone.
Apart from clearing wipe cache partition, you should only install the apps which are necessary for you. In this way, you will put the minimum load on the processor and you will be able to get better performance.
How to Wipe Cache Partition on LG G5
The whole process of wiping the cache partition is very easy and you can do it from time to time to ensure that your LG G5’s performance is up to mark. It also doesn’t remove your personal data and it only removes the temporary data. Here’s how you can wipe cache partition on your LG G5.
- Unlock your LG G5.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner to access the settings. Alternatively, go to the menu, find the menu icon and tap it to access the settings.
- In the settings, Navigate to the General and tap it.
- Now Navigate to Storage & USB and tap it.
- Wait for few moments until it finishes calculating the cache data.
- Once it is finished, tap the “Cached Data”.
- Now tap “Yes” and wait for the system to clear the cached data
- The storage system will refresh and now cached data will not be listed which means you have successfully wiped the cache partition.
Congratulations! You have successfully wiped the cache partition on your LG G5.
That’s how you can wipe the cache partition on LG G5. Wiping the cache partition will improve the performance of your smartphone to some extent. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to update the software on LG G5, then visit our website.