In this guide, you will learn how to clear cache on the Galaxy S5. Samsun Galaxy S5 is a really good smartphone but it has been around for some years and if you are using it for a few years now then you have noticed the decline in its performance. In this case, the cache could be the culprit here. Clearing the cache will result in significant improvement in the performance of your Galaxy S5. If you are interested then keep reading this guide because we are going to show you how to do it. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is Cache?
The cache is the software component which the apps and system download in order to facilitate the faster completion of requests to their servers. In simple words, the cache is needed for better performance of the software. Now there is two types of cache, system cache which is downloaded by the smartphone itself and app cache which is downloaded by the apps. We will show you how to get rid of them both.
How to clear the App cache on the Samsun Galaxy S5
The whole process of clearing the app cache is really simple, follow these steps to do it.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner to access the settings.
- In the settings, find the Apps and open it.
- Here you will find the list of apps installed on your Galaxy S5. Select the app you want to clear the cache for
- Tap the App Info and select Clear Cache
- In order to clear cache for all apps simply go to settings and open the Storage section.
- Select Cached Data to clear the app cache of all apps.
Note: that clearing the app cache will remove the login to apps, game progress, preferences and so on.
How to clear system cache on the Galaxy S5
The clear the system cache you will have to it using the hardware buttons. Follow these steps to do it.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume up, power and home button simultaneously. Keep holding them until the Android logo appears on the display.
- Let go the Power button but keep holding the other buttons.
- Use the volume down button to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition” section.
- Now press the power button to select it.
- Again press the volume down button to navigate to “Yes” and press power button to confirm.
- Scroll down to reboot system now and press the power button to confirm.
- The smartphone will restart and it will remove the system cache.
In this way, you can easily remove the app cache and system cache from your Galaxy S5. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to factory reset your Galaxy S5, then visit our website.