In this guide, we will show you how to update the software on the Galaxy S5. Samsung Galaxy S5 was the last premium smartphone by Samsung with a plastic build, later on,Samsung shifted to their modern design language with glass back and more slick design. However, Galaxy S5 is still a really good smartphone, its plastic body makes it more durable as compared to the smartphones with a glass back. To get the most out of your Samsung Galaxy S5, you should update its software. Updating the software will result in better performance, stability, and improved security.
How to Update the Software on Samsung Galaxy S5
The whole process of updating the software is very simple, all you have to do is to follow these steps and you will be able to update the software of your Galaxy S5. Before we get to the process, make sure that your smartphone has sufficient battery and it is connected to WiFi. You can also download it using the mobile data but it will cost you more so it is good to download updates via WiFi.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner to access settings.
- In the settings, Go to About section.
- Here tap the Software updates and tap the Update now.
- The smartphone will display the warning, tap ok to proceed.
- Your smartphone will check if the update is available or not. If the new version of the software is available, it will show you, tap the Install button to proceed. The smartphone will restart and will install the updates.
In this way, you can easily update the software on the Galaxy S5. The whole process is very simple and you can do it without having any technical knowledge. Installing the updates is very important for your smartphone’s security and performance. We would recommend you to keep your Galaxy S5 updated if you want to have the best performance. If you have any questions regarding the procedure, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to factory reset your Galaxy S5, then visit our website.