In this guide, you will learn how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S5. Samsung Galaxy S5 was the flagship smartphone and it is still a really good phone. Factory reset which is also known as Hard Reset is a process where you remove all the data including apps, messages, contacts, videos, settings and almost everything from your smartphone except the Galaxy default data which comes with Galaxy S5. Most of the people Factory reset their Samsung Galaxy S5 to get rid of hardware glitches and give the fresh start to their smartphone. If you are interested in it, we will show how to do it. Let’s get into it.
See Also: How to use Private Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S5
The whole process of factory reset is very simple, follow these steps to do it.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon in the top right corner.
- In the settings, find the backup & reset option
- Here you will see the various options which you can pick.
- Once you are done with options, hit the Factory Data Reset option, tap Reset Device
- The system may ask you to enter the PIN or passwords of your device
- Press Continue and confirm the factory reset
Your smartphone will restart and you will have only the default apps on your smartphone. Now sometimes cache becomes corrupt and they compromise the performance of your smartphone. In this case, you will have to wipe the cache partition. Here are steps to do it.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5 and boot it to recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, use the volume button to navigate to the Wipe cache partition option.
- Select it by pressing the power button.
- Now select the Reboot system now and use the power button to confirm it.
- Your smartphone will restart and it will wipe out the cache partition.
Factory reset results in better performance of your smartphone. However, make sure to backup the data before resetting your smartphone as your data will be permanently deleted and you can’t recover it. if you have any questions, please do let us know in the comment section below.