In this guide, you will learn how to turn off autocorrect on LG G6. Autocorrect is one of the most popular features out there and it has been around for some time. It also has improved a lot over the years and but still, it has long way to go. Autocorrect is notorious for its changes at the wrong time but sometimes it also saves us from looking like fools. LG G6 also comes with its version of autocorrect, known as Predictive Text. If you are someone who doesn’t like using the Autocorrect and wants to disable it then you are at the right place. We will tell you how to completely disable the autocorrect on your LG G6.
Table of Contents
How to Turn Off Autocorrect on LG G6
The whole process of disabling the autocorrect on LG G6 is very easy and you can do so in a minute. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn on your LG G6.
- Now open the keyboard, you can open it by visiting the messages and tapping on the typing section.
- Now tap the Dictation Key right next to the Space bar.
- Tap the settings to open it. It t is the gear-shaped icon.
- In the settings, find the Predictive Text section.
- Now Toggle it to turn it off.
- You can also disable the features such as Auto Capitalization and Auto Punctuation from this menu.
Congratulations! You have successfully disabled the autocorrect on your LG G6. Now it will not bother you and you will be able to type freely.
Should I Turn Off Autocorrect on my device?
This is one of the most asked questions by the smartphone users and there is no simple answer to this question but let us simplify it for you.
- If you are someone who is comfortable with his typing skills and don’t make tons of mistakes then you don’t need the autocorrect and you can completely disable it.
- If you are someone who uses the smartphone for casual conversations then even making some mistakes won’t hurt you and you can disable the autocorrect.
- If you are someone who uses the smartphone for business conversation then we would strongly recommend you to use the autocorrect as it can save you from embarrassment.
- If you are someone who likes the autocorrect feature but you want to limit its functionality then you can disable the Auto-Capitalization and Auto-Punctuation feature. In this way, you will be able to use the autocorrect with limiting its functionality.
That’s how you can turn off autocorrect on your LG G6. We have also outlined some scenarios which will help you decide whether disabling the autocorrect will affect you or not. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to factory reset your LG G6, then visit our website.