In this guide, you will learn how to factory reset your LG G6. LG G6 is a flagship smartphone that was launched in 2017 and it is still a very capable smartphone in 2020. It comes with the snapdragon 821 processor and 4 GB RAM which can still offer great performance. The smartphone is capable of running modern games at decent settings. If your LG G6 is facing some performance issues then factory reset would be a great option for you. Here’s how you can do it.
Does Factory Reset remove all of the data in LG G6?
Yes, Factory reset removes all the files, apps, pictures, videos and other data from your smartphone. If you are going for a factory reset then make sure that you have made the backup of your data.
How to Factory Reset Your LG G6 via settings
Here’s how you can factory reset via settings.
- Swipe down from the top of the display and tap the gear-shaped icon at the top right corner to access the settings.
- In the settings, Navigate to Backup & reset section.
- If you haven’t made the backup then backup the data.
- Once done with the backup, navigate to the Reset section and tap factory data reset.
- You will get the warning, tap Reset phone.
- If you have security then the system will ask you for the PIN, enter the Pin, tap Delete all and then tap Reset.
- Wait for few minutes until it clears all the data.
How to Factory Reset Your LG G6 via Recovery Menu
You can also do the factory reset via the recovery menu. Here’s how you can do it.
- Turn off your LG G6.
- Press and hold the power key and volume down key at the same time.
- Keep holding until the Recovery menu appears on the screen.
- Use the volume down key to highlight the “Factory Data Reset” and use the power key to select it.
- Now use the volume down key to highlight Yes and Power key to confirm your action.
- The system will start the process and it will be finished in a few minutes.
- Once the process is complete, reboot your LG G6.
- That’s it.
That’s how you can factory reset your LG G6. You can use any of the above-mentioned methods to factory reset your LG G6. Make sure to keep the backup of your data as a factory reset will remove all the data from your smartphone. It includes your photos, videos, text messages, apps, and other data. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are looking for FaceTime alternatives for Android then you can check our guide “10 Best Alternatives to FaceTime for Android“. We include the best possible alternatives to FaceTime for Android users. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.