LG G6 is a great smartphone and it comes with all the bells and whistles which you would find in any good smartphone. However, just like other smartphones, you can experience the drop in its performance with time and it is totally natural. If you are facing issues such as freezing, unresponsiveness or lag then you can wipe the cache partition to fix it. Cache Partition is a very safe process. In this guide, you will learn how to wipe cache Partition on LG G6.
Table of Contents
What happens when you wipecache partition on LG G6?
A cache is a temporary data that is required by the system apps or the third-party apps for their functionality. Normally it includes information such as your login details, customizations, preferences and other temporary data. The smartphone allocates the partition in its memory for these caches so that your apps could access them whenever they want.
Now, this process doesn’t affect the overall performance very much but it does affect if you install a lot of apps and whenever you delete that app it left some data which can cause the issue. Normally, experts recommend wiping partition once in a while especially if your smartphone is old enough. Wiping the partition doesn’t delete your permanent data such as your photos, videos, apps etc. it only deletes the temporary files.
How to Wipe Cache Partition on LG G6?
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon to access the settings. Alternatively, go to the home screen and find the Settings icon and third-party it.
- In the Settings, Go to the General section and tap Extension.
- Now tap Smart Cleaning and then tap Optimized.
- Wait for a few moments until the cached data is clear. The time depends on the size of the cache stored but normally it takes few seconds.
- When the process is completed, the storage screen will refresh which means that the cache partition is cleared.
Congratulations! You have successfully wiped cache partition on LG G6. Now check your phone again, if you are still facing the freezing issues or other issues then it could be due to technical issues. We would recommend you to contact the LG customer service center or any well-reputed repairing service center where experts will diagnose the issue to your smartphone.
In most cases, wiping the cache partition solves the issues but if you are still facing one then you should contact the service center. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to turn off autocorrect on LG G6, then visit our website.