iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones, and it features the IOS, which is considered one of the most refined and feature-rich Operating Systems out there. It comes with tons of features, including the Blocking feature, which allows you to block people from contacting you. If you have blocked someone in the past and now you want to unblock them, we can help you with it. In this Vodytech guide, you will learn how to unblock a phone number on iPhone. Let’s get started.
How to Block a Phone Number on iPhone
Before we get to our main topic, let us give you quick instructions on how you can block someone on iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to Phone App.
- Find the contact or number which you want to block.
- Now tap the idea icon right next to the contact, scroll down, and tap Block this Caller.
How to Unblock a Phone Number on iPhone
Now, if you want to unblock a Phone Number that you previously blocked, the process is very simple. Here’s how to unblock a Phone Number on iPhone.
- Unlock your iPhone and find the settings app, and tap it.
- In the settings, scroll down, find the Phone section and tap it.
- Now find the Blocked Contacts section tap it. If you have an older version of the operating system, you will find Call Blocking & Identification.
- Once you are in the Blocked Contact section, you will see the list of all blocked contacts.
- Now swipe left on the contact you want to unblock and tap Unblock.
Once you unblocked the contact, that contact will be able to call and message you on your iPhone.
How to Unblock Person who texts you
iPhone also allows you to block people who annoy you by sending texts, and the system maintains a separate list for those people. If you want to unblock them, you will have to do it from the Messages section in the settings.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Find the settings app and tap it.
- In the settings, scroll down, find the Messages section and tap it.
- Once you are in the Messages section, find the Blocked section and tap it.
- Here you will find the list of all blocked contacts.
- Now find the contact which you want to unblock, swipe left, and tap on Unblock button to proceed.
- That’s it.
How to Unblock Contact from Contacts
If you have blocked someone in the past from your contacts list, you can easily unblock them from the contacts. You can also unblock the contacts using the above methods, but this method is more convenient if that number is listed as a contact on your contact list.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Find the Contacts app and tap it.
- In the contacts, find the contact which you want to unblock.
- Once you find the contact, tap it, scroll down and tap Unblock this caller.
How to Unblock a Phone Number with your Network Service Provider
Most modern smartphones, including iPhones, comes with a built-in blocking feature, which will work for most people. However, many Network Service Providers also this feature, and if you use that service, the contact will not be able to contact you even if you switch the phone.
So, if you have blocked someone using a Network Service provider in the past, you can’t unblock them directly from your iPhone, and you will need to contact your network service Providers. Some Network Providers also allow users to unblock the contacts using messages, but it’s not available by Most Network Service Providers. So, the best way to unblock a Phone Number via Network Service Provider is to contact the company.
The process is very simple; all you will have to do is to contact the company, they will most likely ask you to provide proof of verification, and once they confirm your ownership, they will remove the blocked number from their database. Once the phone number is removed, that number will be able to contact you.
Can I Call a Blocked Number on iPhone?
Once you block a Phone Number, you will not be able to call the Blocked Number. Similarly, that Blocked Number also can’t call or send messages to your number.
Why does my iPhone keep blocking my contacts?
Usually, iPhone doesn’t automatically block any contact, and if it’s doing so, it could be due to a glitch. You should contact the nearby service center and get your iPhone checked.
What happens if I unblock a phone number?
If you unblock a phone number, that number will be able to contact you via calls and messages.
How is a blocked number still calling my iPhone?
Once you blocked someone, it’s not possible for them to contact you via call. However, they can still leave a voicemail if you have enabled that on your iPhone. If you want to permanently block a number, you can contact your network Service Provider and ask them to permanently block them from calling you. Once the number is blocked by Network Carrier, that number won’t be able to call or send messages on your number.
Are there any charges if I unblock a Number from the Network Carrier?
It mainly depends on the Network carrier you use. Most Network carriers offer this service for free, but some carrier does have charges for the service.
That’s all, folks. In this guide, you learned how to unblock a Phone Number on iPhone. You also learned how to unblock a number from your Network Carrier. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also, check this guide to learn How to Enable Automatic Software Updates on iPhone.