In this guide, you will learn how to set up a VPN on an Android smartphone. VPN or Virtual Private Network allows you to access the content which is blocked in your region. The actual process of setting up the VPN is very easy and we will tell you how to do it. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is a VPN and why you should use it?
Virtual Private Network or VPN is the system which allows your device to reroute the internet traffic through the server or computer located anywhere in the world which allow you to access the content blocked in your region. The main reason why it is used is for the security reason, people mainly use it when they use public Wifi. When you use the VPN, it makes it difficult for intruder or ISPs to track your online activity. There are many VPN protocols support by the Android, some of them are PPTP, L2TP, and IPsec. Now you know what the VPN is and why you should use one, now let’s get to the process of setting up the VPN.
How to Set up a VPN on an Android Smartphone
The whole process of setting up the VPN on an Android smartphone is very simple. Follow these steps to do it.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner.
- In the Settings, find Wireless & networks section and tap more.
- Select VPN and tap the Add VPN Network. In some mobiles, it would be a “+” sign.
- Now select the desired protocol and enter all the information provided by the network administrator.
- Save it.
- Now you can go back to VPN settings and select your VPN. You will be asked to enter a password and username.
- Now you can start using the VPN on your smartphone.
In this way, you can easily set up your VPN on your Android smartphone. Now if you don’t want to do this then you can use the VPN apps as there are many VPN apps available on the Google Play Store. Some famous VPN apps are ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and TunnelBear. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.