In this guide, you will learn how to use private mode on Samsung Galaxy S9. Samsung Galaxy S9 comes with powerful specs and great features which make it a great smartphone even in 2020. However, just like other Samsung smartphones, it also comes with the private mode which can help you secure your sensitive data in a secured folder. If you are interested in it then keep reading because we will tell you how you can use it. Let’s get into it.
Table of Contents
How to setup the Private Mode on Samsung Galaxy S9
Before we explain how to use the Private mode, let us explain how you can enable it and setup the secure Folder. Here’s how you can do it.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the gear-shaped icon – on the top right corner – to access the settings. Alternatively, swipe up and go the menu. Find the Setting icon and tap it to access the settings.
- In the settings, go to the Lock Screen and Security section.
- Navigate to Private Mode Secure Folder and tap it.
- In the Private Mode “Secure Folder” section, Enable it and you will be asked to setup the screen unlock option.
- You will get the pattern, PIN, Password or IRIS scanner option. Pick the one which you prefer and proceed.
- You have successfully setup and enabled the private mode on your Galaxy S9.
How you can hide content using Private Mode
You have successfully enabled the Private mode on your S9. Now you can proceed and hide your sensitive data in a secure folder. Let’s suppose, you want to hide your private video in a secure folder. Here’s how will do it.
- Enable the Private Mode (Follow the steps in the above section)
- Go to your Gallery and find the video you want to hide.
- Now select it and it will show options on the top of the screen.
- Select the More Options icon (3 vertical dots) and it will show further options.
- Now tap the Move to Secure Folder and the video will be moved to the Private Folder.
You can follow the same steps for all types of documents. You can also hide your photos, files and other data that you want to protect from prying eyes.
How to access the Hidden data in Samsung Galaxy S9?
You have successfully hidden the data in a secure folder but how you will access it? It is very simple, just follow these steps.
- Enable the Private Mode and you will be asked to enter your credentials.
- Now go to any app where you hide the file. For example, you want to check the hidden photos, go to the gallery and you will find the “Private” folder in the gallery. Similarly, you will find the “Private” folder in the file manager and other apps where you hide the data.
That’s how you can use private mode on Samsung Galaxy S9. It is a very useful method to protect your sensitive data from prying eyes. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to disable Bloatware on the Galaxy S9, then visit our website.