In this guide, you will learn how to disable icon notification badges on Samsung Galaxy S8. Samsung Galaxy S8 is a beautiful smartphone, it comes with beautiful design and great features. One of those features is the icon notifications which can be very useful as it tells you about the number of notifications you have on a particular app. Many people don’t like this feature and want to disable it. If you are one of those people then you can we can help you, keep reading because we will tell you how to get rid of icon notification badges. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How to disable icon notification badges on Samsung Galaxy S8 (Temporary Fix)
If you are someone who doesn’t want to permanently disable the icon notification feature then this is a great feature for you. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press and hold the app icon you want to clear.
- The options will appear, tap the Clear Badge from the menu.
Congratulations! You have successfully removed the icon notification badge from the particular app. This fix is temporary and you will need to do it for every app. However, if you want to fix it permanently then you can try our next method.
How to disable icon notification badges on Samsung Galaxy S8 (Permanent Fix)
Samsung doesn’t allow to permanently disable the icon notification badge feature but there is a way around which you can use to permanently fix this issue. However, you would need to download the “Package Disabler Pro“ from Google Play Store. It costs around $1.49 but It surely worth the money. Once the Package Disabler Pro is installed on your S8, you can follow these steps to disable it.
- Open the Package Disabler Pro.
- Create and enter the passwords in the field.
- Tap Enable Admin.
- Now press Activate and Package Disabler Pro will start working.
- You will see all available packages on the menu. You can either manually scroll down and find the BadgeProvider package or search BadgeProvider in the search bar.
- Once you find it, check the box and it will be disabled. We would also recommend you to take extreme caution because checking the wrong package can affect your smartphone’s functionality.
Congratulations! You have successfully disabled icon notification badges on your Samsung Galaxy S8. If you need to enable it again in the future then you can either follow the same steps mentioned above or you can simply uninstall the Package Disabler Pro which will reset the changes you made.
That’s how you can disable icon notification badges on Samsung Galaxy S8. Package Disabler Pro is a great tool and you can use it to disable the other features too but we would recommend you take extreme caution and do it with proper research. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to disable app notifications on the Samsung Galaxy S8, then visit our website.