In this guide, you will learn how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Galaxy Note 5 has been around for a few years and if you are using this smartphone then you have noticed the decline in its performance. It is due to the apps and data which your smartphone have installed over the years. You can improve the performance of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 by resetting the phone which will remove the third-party apps and data and will restore the smartphone to its original condition. Here’s how you can reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
There are basically two ways to do it and in this guide, we will share both ways. You can pick the one which suits you.
How to Factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 via Menu
Before you reset your Note 5, we would recommend you to backup your important data so that you don’t lose it. Here’s how you can reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 via Menu.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner.
- In the settings, tap the Search and type Backup and reset.
- Tap the Backup and reset.
- Now tap Factory Data Reset.
- Proceed to next steps, depending on your security settings, you may be asked to enter your smartphone pin/password.
- The smartphone will restart, it will take some time and then start again.
How to Factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Via hardware buttons
To use the second method, turn off your smartphone and follow these steps.
- Press and Hold the Volume up button, home button and power button at the same time, keep holding them until the Android recovery screen appears on the screen.
- Now press Volume down button to navigate to “wipe data/factory reset” option.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- The options will appear, use the volume down button to navigate to “Yes – delete all user data” option get highlighted.
- Use the power button to confirm it.
It will reset your Galaxy Note 5. Now press the power button to reboot your smartphone.
These are the two methods to reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. You can pick the one which you like and you can’t go wrong with any of these. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to disable bloatware on Samsung Galaxy Note 5, then visit our website.