In this guide, you will learn how to set up an iCloud email account on Android. Android Smartphones has improved a lot in the last few years and now they match the iPhones in term of performance but they are also rather very inexpensive. That’s is the reason why many users migrated from iPhone to Android and in this transition, many users abandon their iCloud email because they think they can’t use it with their new Android Device, which is wrong. iCloud work flawlessly with the Android devices and we will tell you the complete setup process. Let’s get started.
How to set up an iCloud email account on Android
The whole process of setting up the iCloud email account on Android is very easy and you can do it by following these steps.
iCloud account comes with the two-factor Authentication (2FA) security feature which makes your account secure. You can setup the app-specific password for your iCloud email address which makes the whole process of setting up much easier. Follow these steps to create an app-specific password your iCloud account.
- Open your browser and go to appleid.apple.com and login.
- Go to the security section and click Generate Password.
- Select the name for the password. For example, in our case we are generating it for our Android device, we picked Android email.
- Once you select your name, click Create
- Note down the password which is generated, we will use it to set up iCloud email on your Android smartphone.
How to add an iCloud email address to Android
Once you are done with creating an app-specific password for your iCloud account, follow these steps to set up it on the Android smartphone.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner. Alternatively, open the menu and find the settings icon, tap it.
- Find the Accounts section in the settings. Since most of the Android smartphone companies come with their own Android skin so expect the variation in the title. However, you will find the Account word in most of the settings.
- Open it and tap Add account option.
- Here you will find multiple emails options including Gmail, outlook, yahoo, Personal (IMAP), etc.
- Select Personal (IMAP) and proceed.
- Now enter the iCloud email and app-specific password here and keep tapping Next
Congratulation, you have set up your iCloud email account on Android. Now you will find your iCloud email account in the list of the accounts added to your Android smartphone. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides and reviews.