In this guide, you will learn how to set up a secure folder on the Galaxy S8. Smartphones are our digital assistants and they have our private information and business data which we don’t want to share with others. It is also very important that’s why it is imperative that we should keep it in a secure folder with some additional security layers. Samsung Galaxy S8 allows you to secure your private and business data in the secure folder where you can set up PIN, pattern, password or fingerprint to unlock it. We will show you how to do it.
How to Enable the Secure Folder on the Galaxy S8
In this section, we will tell you how to enable the Secure Folder on your Galaxy S8. Here’s how you can do it.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon to access the settings.
- In the Settings, find the Lock Screen and Security section and open it.
- Now find the Secure Folder section and open it.
- Press Start and enter your Samsung account folder information.
- Now you will be asked to select your unlock method. You can choose Pattern, PIN, password, fingerprint or iris scan to unlock your secure folder.
- You will be asked to confirm your authentication method.
Congratulation! You have successfully enabled the Secure Folder on your Galaxy S8. Now the next step is to set up the secure folder.
How to set up secure Folder on the Galaxy S8
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and on the tray, you will find the secure folder icon.
- Upon tapping, you will be asked to enter your unlock method.
- Now you are in the secure folder, you can easily add the apps or files by tapping the Add Apps and Add Files button.
- Adding the apps to the secure folder will make them limited to the folder and only you will be able to access it.
Once you are done with setting up the secure Folder, you can move toward the customization. Samsung allows you to customize your secure folder by renaming it and changing its icon. Here’s how you can do it.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the secure folder icon.
- Now tap the three vertical dots icon to access the secure folder’s settings.
- Here you can change the name of the Folder and pick the icon of your choice.
- Once you are done with the customization, you can tap the Apply button and changes will be applied.
That’s how you can set up a secure folder on the Galaxy S8. Enabling the secure folder will allow you to add all the sensitive information to it and it will be protected. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to change default apps on the Galaxy S8, then visit our website.