Autocorrect is a notorious feature that is known for its horrible mistakes at times. So, if you want to get rid of it, we can help you. In this Vodytech guide, you will learn how to turn off autocorrect on LG Velvet. We will also tell you everything you need to know about Autocorrect. Let’s get started.
What is Autocorrect?
Autocorrect is a feature that is designed to automatically correct spelling or grammar mistakes while typing.
Why should you turn off Autocorrect on LG Velvet?
Autocorrect was basically designed to help you write type efficiently, but the problem with this feature is that it’s highly inaccurate in many scenarios, especially if you are typing in a language other than English. So, instead of making silly mistakes in typing, it’s better to disable autocorrect as it will save you time and effort.
How to Turn Off Autocorrect on LG Velvet (LG Keyboard)
LG Keyboard is the default Keyboard on LG Velvet, and it’s surely a very capable Keyboard. It comes with a very basic Autocorrect feature, which we recommend that you disable. Here’s how you can turn off autocorrect on LG Velvet. Let’s get started.
- Unlock your LG Velvet.
- Swipe down from the top of the LG Velvet’s screen and tap the settings icon (gear-shaped icon) at the top right corner.
- Alternatively, go to the home screen, find the Settings app, and tap it.
- In the settings, Scroll down and tap System.
- Once you are in the System Section, find the Language & Keyboard section and tap it.
- Now tap Manage Keyboard and select the keyboard you are using. As we are using, LG Keyboard, we will tap on LG Keyboard.
- In the LG Keyboard settings, scroll down and tap Auto-correction.
- Tap on English and select Off to turn off the AutoCorrect.
- That’s it.
How to Turn Off Autocorrect on LG Velvet (Gboard)
If you are using Gboard as your default keyboard, you can use the following steps to turn off Autocorrect.
- Open the messaging app and tap on the text type area.
- Gboard will appear on the screen. Tap the gear-shaped icon to get access to settings.
- In the settings, navigate to Text Correction and tap it.
- Scroll down, find Auto-correction, and toggle it gray to turn it off.
Congratulations! You have successfully turned off Autocorrect on LG Velvet. Similarly, you can turn off the AutoCorrect for other keyboards as well. The process will be almost very similar, but the title may vary depending on the keyboard you have.
That’s all, folks. In this guide, you learned how to turn off autocorrect on LG Velvet. We explained the complete process for both LG Keyboard and Gboard. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also, check this guide if you want to learn how to take a screenshot on LG Velvet.