In this guide, you will learn how to wipe cache partition on HTC One M9. HTC One M9 was a flagship smartphone of 2015 and it comes with some great specs which were top of the line features at that time. It comes with the Snapdragon 810, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM, and other significant features. These features can’t give the top of the line performance, according to 2020 standards, but still, they can offer some decent performance. You can also do things such as Wiping Cache Partition to boost the performance to some extent and we will show you how to do it.
Table of Contents
What is Cache Partition?
Cache Partition is the dedicated space in the memory where apps save their caches. The cache is the data that apps and system apps need for their functionality. The apps store the data such as your preferences, your login information, and other details in these caches.
How Wiping the Cache Partition Boost the performance of HTC One M9?
The cache was created to make things quicker so that you don’t have to do simple tasks such as login and other every time you open the app and it works to some extent. However, whenever you install any app, it downloads some temporary data and puts it in the cache.
When you delete the app, the cache still stays there which ends up cluttering your smartphone and the performance of your smartphone gets compromised to some extent. So, whenever you wipe the cache partition, the system deletes all the caches and your smartphone gets the minor performance bump which means a lot especially in case of older phones such as HTC One M9.
How Wiping the Cache Partition Boost the performance?
The process of wiping the cache partition is fairly simple and all you need to do is to follow these steps.
- Turn off your HTC One M9.
- Now press and hold the Volume down button
- Press the Power button to turn on your M9 and release it when it vibrates.
- Keel holding the Volume down button until the black screen with blue and red text lines appears.
- Now use the Volume down to navigate to “Reboot to bootloader“.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- Now the white screen with colored text will appear.
- Use the volume down button to navigate to “Boot to Recovery Mode” and press the Power button.
- Now the next screen will appear.
- Use the Volume down button to highlight “Wipe Cache Partition” and press Power button.
- Now use the Volume down button to highlight “Yes“and press the Power button to confirm it.
- The system will wipe the cache partition and after it is completed, Reboot System now will be highlighted.
- Use the Power button to select it. HTC One M9 will reboot now.
That’s how you can wipe the cache partition on HTC One M9. Also, if you are wondering how to update your M9 software, then you can read our “How to Update the Software on HTC One M9” guide.