In this guide, you will learn how to clear cache on Samsung Galaxy S9. In this guide, we will tell you how to clear both System and App cache on your Galaxy S9 which will surely boost its performance. We will also tell you when you should clear cache. Let’s get started.
What is Cache?
If we put in simple words then Cache is the data which is required by the third-party apps or system apps to work faster. It is temporary data which help the apps to access it faster. When it comes to cache, you can categorize it into two categories – System Cache and App Cache. System Cache is stored by the System itself and App Cache is stored by third-party apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
When you should clear the Cache?
Samsung Galaxy S9 is a flagship smartphone, it comes with a very powerful processor which mean you will get great performance without any lag. Once you start getting lag on your Galaxy S9, then it is time to clear the Cache. Clearing the Cache is a more effective method as compared to factory reset as in factory reset you lose all the data but in clearing cache, you only lose the temporary data.
How to Remove the App Cache on Samsung Galaxy S9
Clearing the App Cache is a very simple process and you can do it by following these steps.
- Open the Settings
- Find the Apps section and open it.
- Under App, you will find all apps installed on your Galaxy S9.
- Select the App you want to clear the cache of.
- Open it and go to the Storage section
- Under storage section, you will see the Clear Data and Clear Cache option. Tap the Clear Cache and it will remove the cache.
- Similarly, you can follow the same steps for the rest of the apps.
How to Clear System Cache on Samsung Galaxy S9
Follow these steps to clear System Cache on your Samsung Galaxy S9.
- Turn off your Galaxy S9
- Press and Hold the Volume Up and Bixby button, then press and hold the Power button,it will put the phone in recovery mode.
- Now use the Volume down button to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition” section
- Press the Power button to select it, tap volume down button to navigate to “Yes” and then press again the Power Button.
- The system will wipe the cache partition and “Reboot System now” will be highlighted.
- Tap the power key again to restart your Galaxy S9.
Clearing Cache is one of the most effective methods to improve the performance of your smartphone. You can also use this method for apps who start to misbehave or crash. Let us know if you have any questions, in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.