In this guide, we will explain how to clear cache on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Samsung Note 4 is a really good phone and it belongs to the early generations of touch smartphones. If you are using it for years and you have bee installing apps and updating it then there is a possibility that you might experience the decline in its performance. If you are facing such a situation then we can help you out. You can improve its performance by clearing the cache and we will show you how to do it. Let’s get into it.
What is Cache?
Before we get to the process, it is important that you should know what is cache? In simple words, it is a data which is required by the apps for functioning quickly. For example, when you login your Facebook app, it stores the cache which records your username, password, activity so when you open the app again, you don’t need to enter the password again. So there are two types of cache, the cache stored by apps is known as app cache and cache stored by the system is known as system cache.
How to clear App Cache on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Here are steps to clear App Cache on the Galaxy Note 4.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner to access the settings.
- In the settings, find Application Manager and open it.
- Here you will find a list of apps installed on your device, select the app you want to clear the cache for and open it.
- Now tap the Clear Cache to clear the app cache. Now repeat the steps for all apps installed on your smartphone.
How to clear System Cache on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Here are steps to clear System Cache on the Galaxy Note 4.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 4.
- Press and hold the power button, home button, and volume up buttons simultaneously until the android logo appears on the screen.
- Now release the power andhome buttons.
- A blue menu will appear on the screen, use volume down button to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Confirm it by pressing the power button.
- Now navigate to “Reboot System Now” option using volume up button and confirm it by pressing the Power button. Note 4 will reboot and remove the system cache.
In this way, you can easily remove the app cache and system cache on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want to learn how to clear cache on the Galaxy S5, then visit our website.