Screen Recording is a very handy feature that you can use for many purposes, such as recording tutorials, explaining feature issues, and more. It’s also available on most modern devices, and we will show you how you can use it. In this Vodytech Guide, you will learn how to record your screen on any device, including Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac.
How to Record your Screen on Android Smartphones
Android smartphones come with tons of ways that you can use to record screens, and we will share all of them with you.
How to Record your Screen on Android Smartphones Using Native Tool
Android OS is arguably one of the most popular Operating Systems with millions of users around the world. Unfortunately, the Screen Recording feature was not available natively on previous versions of Android, but it’s now available on Android 10 and later versions. Similarly, many smartphone manufacturers such as Huawei and Xiaomi used to offer Screen recording features on their custom skins, and it’s still available on modern smartphones. So, if you have a modern smartphone, there are high chances that Screen Recording is available natively on your smartphone. Here’s how you can use it.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Now swipe down from the top of the screen and look for the recording icon in the menu. If you are unable to find it, tap on the edit icon on top of it, and you will find all the hidden icons, including the one for the recording screen.
- Once you find the icon, tap it, and the system will start recording.
- On some smartphones, you also get the option of touching screens and audio.
- Once you are done with recording, tap the stop button, and the recording will be saved in your gallery.
- That’s it.
How to Record your Screen on Android Smartphones Using Google Play Games
Google Play Games is the default app that comes with most Android Smartphones, and you can use it to record Games. Here’s how to record your Screen on Android using Google Play Games.
- Open Google Play Games on your smartphone.
- Now find the game and tap on it.
- Once you open the game, you will find the video-camera icon on the top.
- Tap the Video-camera icon, and you will get the option for recording. Select the resolution for recording and tap Launch. Now tap start now to start the recording.
- Once you are done with recording, tap the floating icon to stop recording.
- That’s it.
How to Record your Screen on Android Smartphones Using Third-party Apps
If you want to have additional features while recording the screen, you can use third-party apps. You will find tons of great Screen Recording Apps on Google Play Store, and you can find the best ones in your guide.
How to Record your Screen on iPhone
Like Android, iPhone also comes with a built-in tool that you can use to record the screen. Here’s how you can record screens on your iPhone.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Now find the settings app and tap it.
- Once you are in the settings, go to the control center.
- In the Control center, find Record Button and tap it.
- Once you tap it, the system will start the recording after a 3-second delay.
- After you are done with recording, stop the recording from the status bar or control center.
- That’s it.
If you want additional screen recording features on your iPhone, you can use third-party screen recording apps. On App Store, you will find tons of Screen recording apps, but the truth is that many of them aren’t that good. That’s why we have handpicked the best Screen Recordings Apps for iPhone Users, and you can find them in our guide.
How to Record your Screen on Windows 10
Windows 10 Is a feature-rich platform, and it also offers various ways which you can use to record screens.
How to Record your Screen on Windows 10 Using Xbox Game Bar
Xbox Game Bar is the built-in Tool in Windows 10 which you can use to record your screen. The tool comes with a variety of features that can help you record audio according to your requirement. If you are interested in using Xbox Game Bar for the recording screen on Windows 10, you can check this guide where we have explained the complete process in detail.
How to Record your Screen on Windows 10 Using Third-party Software
Like other platforms, Windows 10 also have a variety of great third-party recording software which you can use for screen recording. Also, these recording software comes with more options and support more resolutions which makes them an ideal choice for Streamers. If you are interested in getting third-party software, check this guide where we have shared the best Screen Recording Software for Windows 10.
How to Record your Screen on macOS
macOS is another very popular platform that runs on Mac devices by Apple. Like other platforms, macOS also comes with a built-in tool to record screens, and we will show you how you can do it.
- Go to your Mac.
- Now press Shift + Command + 5.
- Once you run the command, Apple Screenshot Toolbar will open. You can use it to record the whole screen or any part of it. On top of that, you also get additional settings to play with.
- Now press Record to start the recording.
- Once you are done with recording, press Command + Control + Esc to stop the recording.
- That’s it.
You can also use the third-party screen recorders software for recording screens on Mac. If you are interested, check this guide where we have shared the Best Screen Recorders for Mac.
That’s all, folks. In this guide, you learned how to record your screen on any device, including Android, iPhone, Windows, and macOS. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also, check this guide to learn How to Take a Screenshot or record a video on Apple TV.